🚀 Share AppWizzy on X and get 20 bonus credits ($20 value) added to your account 🎁

Managing 3D texture assets with a generated admin app - tips?

I've been building a small internal admin app with the Flatlogic generator to manage 3D assets for a game prototype, and I'd like to share how I handle the texture side of the workflow, plus ask whether anyone has done something similar.

The app itself is simple: an entity for Materials (name, albedo URL, normal URL, roughness URL, tags), an entity for Models, and a many-to-many relation between them. The generated CRUD screens, filters and role-based access saved me days of boilerplate, and the generated REST API makes it easy to push data from a Blender export script.

For the actual texture creation I prototype tileable surfaces with an ai texture generator, then refine the results in Krita and bake normal/roughness maps before uploading. Storing only file URLs keeps the database light, and the image preview column in the generated list view is enough for quick review.

Questions for the community: 1. Has anyone added a custom image gallery component to a generated React app without breaking regeneration? 2. What is the cleanest way to attach S3 uploads to an entity field? 3. Do you keep custom code in separate modules to survive schema changes?

Any tips are appreciated!

Small follow-up: the tool I mentioned for seamless materials is the ai texture generator - handy for quick PBR base colors before baking the other maps.