We are happy to announce that the Schema Editor of the Flatlogic Platform now supports the ability to add WYSIWYG to your project! It took a long time, and thanks to customer feedback, we’ve finally made it!
The WYSIWYG editor is based on the TinyMCE library. The main feature of using the WYSIWYG editor is that users do not need to know programming or markup languages to create a web document. Data representation is displayed in visual form, as in Microsoft Word, and can be edited.
How to choose a WYSIWYG editor
You can select the WYSIWYG editor in two ways:
1. When creating the application in the 3rd step in Schema Editor. To do this, you need to add a new field with the string type, select Multiline, and next select the Use WYSIWYG Editor.
2. In the settings of your project. Go to the Schema tab, add a new field, use an existing one with the string type, select Multiline, and next select the Use WYSIWYG Editor.
How to find WYSIWYG Editor in the generated application
Go to the table where you created your field with WYSIWYG. Create a new entity in this table or edit an existing string type entity and enjoy using the WYSIWYG editor.
About Flatlogic Platform
Flatlogic help software engineers and companies start web application fast. Flatlogic generated web application code in different stacks (Vue, React, Angular, Node.js, Laravel) in minutes based on the database schema. You can create DB schema either using our internal UI tool or by importing SQL scheme files.
The resulting app will have the following features out of a box:
- Preconfigured authorization and authenticating;
- Tables and forms;
- Responsive UI of the app;
- CRUD functions;
- Full access to the front-end, and back-end code;
- Docker for deploying to other platforms;
- Auto-generated API for each entity documented in Swagger.
We have spent a lot of time and effort on improving our Platform. It is a pleasure to create something new for our customers and always be in touch with you. Don’t waste time, check out our new feature WYSIWYG, and see how rapid and straightforward it is! If you face difficulties, please, feel free to leave us a message on our forum, Twitter or Facebook. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible!