We have created our first product with a Laravel backend. This material Laravel admin template was made with Vuetify framework. The installation is very simple, you just need to type two commands. Here is the list of features:
- Vue Router
- Vue CLI
- Doctrine ORM with PostgreSQL and MySQL support
- User Management with admin/user roles
- JWT based authorization
- Social logins (Google and Microsoft ID)
Why did we choose this particular framework? In order to identify the main advantages and disadvantages of this framework, let’s take a step back. Namely, we will ask ourselves what a framework is and what is needed for its successful use.
A framework is a skeleton for developing applications, that that means the architecture already described. Communication with the framework is carried out through the API. It installs various modules, blocks, packages and other addons. It should also be noted that there are significant differences between the concepts of a framework and a library, which consist in the presence of the described architecture, which was mentioned above.
Due to the fact that the creator of Symfony in the second version made the constituent parts of the framework independent of each other, you can safely disassemble it into pieces and assemble anything from them. These are the details that Laravel was created with.
Now that we have decided what a framework is, the pluses of Laravel should be noted.
- Detailed and understandable documentation.
- Mature community of developers and sponsors. You can get an answer to any of your questions, use open-source extensions and plugins in order to make your project even more engaging for users.
- A large number of training courses and materials. This technology is easy to master even for a beginner + an API syntax is very simple and clear, framework has short and thoughtful names of functions.
- Flexible routing system allows you to configure subdomain routing, allocate routes into special groups, specify route parameters, and much more.
- The framework contains an extremely useful and convenient mechanism for handling exceptions and errors.
- The built-in user authorization mechanism can be reconfigured for yourself.
- The framework also provides ready-made solutions for caching applications, building queues for sending mail (optionally via a local / cloud service).